Latest Allstar Blog
Allstar Commercial Cleaning: Should you hire a commercial cleaning service? Thursday, October 27, 2011
Is your business in need of a commercial cleaning service? Many will answer, no I can handle it myself. If your place of business is a small space this may be true, but do you enjoy spending the time cleaning after working all day? Or coming in on your day off? Do you put off the cleaning a little too long or do a quick pick-up so that dirt and grime accumulate?
The best way to rid yourself of the cleaning dilemma is to hire outside help. This may seem daunting at first, letting strangers into your place of business, but the following list of questions may help put your mind at ease.
1. Is the cleaning company bonded and insured? This assures you that if anything gets damaged or goes missing it will be taken care of. For even more peace of mind keep valuables in a safe or a locked room.
2. Who will be cleaning your facility? Always do a little bit of homework and use the internet to research the company or even ask around. Also, it’s a good idea to meet the crew that will be trusted with your business every night.
3. Who is in charge of supplies and equipment? Do you have your own equipment that the cleaning crew will be allowed to use or are they responsible for bringing the necessary tools with them? Knowing the answer to this question will help with deciding if the price quote is reasonable enough for you also.
4. What do you require of a cleaning crew? What services will they be providing? It is very important to meet with a representative of the janitorial company for a walkthrough of your facility. This will allow you to explain exactly what your needs are and what is to be expected of the cleaning crew.
5. Is the fee affordable? This is probably the most important question, since most everyone is on a budget of some kind these days. But also remember the value of your time and factor that into the cost as well.
Call Allstar Commercial Cleaning today for a free quote in San Diego at (858) 715-0500. Your restaurant, office, warehouse, or retail store is safe and clean in our trusted knowledgable janitorial staff.
Allstar Commercial Cleaning: Picking the Right Broom For Your Floors Monday, October 24, 2011
Some people think that the broom’s time has passed and that a vacuum is perfectly capable of taking it’s place. But…what if you were short on time and didn’t want to lug out the vacuum cleaner? Or what if you had no electricity? Hmmm, good ole broom to the rescue!
So, which broom is right for your floors? There are several different sizes and materials such as corn and up-right brooms, a floor brush and a street or heavy duty broom.
The most common of brooms is the up-right and the corn bristle. The corn bristled ones are great for removing dust or sweeping a concrete floor. You can also use an up-right broom with plastic bristles that are usually angled and very easy to use.
If you are sweeping larger areas like hallways or need to clean a spill or scrub, a floor brush or push broom will get the job done nicely. If you need to sweep outside like the garage or a street, use a street broom or a heavy duty broom.
So if you’re in need of a quick clean-up and don’t want to bother with long cords and using electricity, opt for the common ole broom and dustpan.
Call Allstar Commercial Cleaning today for a free quote in San Diego at (858) 715-0500 and leave the decision making to us!
Allstar Commercial Cleaning: Different Surfaces Need Different Cleaning Equipment Friday, October 21, 2011
Cleaning is a part of most everyone’s daily routine, whether you do it yourself or use a janitorial service. Knowing which type of equipment should be used to clean certain surfaces can help prevent a bigger mess and also shorten the time it takes to do it.
First you must identify the different surfaces in your home or office. Do you have carpeted or hardwood floors or both? Don’t forget tiles in the bathroom, windows and even sometimes concrete.
When it comes to carpeted areas a vacuum is the obvious choice, it picks up daily dirt and debris with ease. At times though a deep clean is required and then it’s time to breakout the steam cleaner for tough stains and set-in dirt.
A normal stand-up broom can be used to clean hardwood floors, it’s a quick way to remove dust, dirt and cobwebs. If the area is large try using a push broom. A floor polisher is a great tool when you want to strip your floor and make it nice and shiny and new looking. You can even run a vacuum over hardwood as well as a mop for quick clean-ups.
Bathroom tiles can be cleaned using mops, stand-up brooms and/or push brooms. A sponge and the right disinfecting cleaner can be used for sinks and toilets.
The best tools for cleaning windows include a pressure washer, squeegees or rubber brushes. A scraper and/or blade will come in handy for getting rid of dried bird droppings. If you have higher windows, consider hiring a professional with the right tools to prevent any accidents.
If you have any concrete flooring, a push broom, heavy duty broom or burnisher can be used.
Feel free to experiment with diferent tools on different surfaces, just taking care that they will not make any scratches or do any damage.
Call Allstar Commercial Cleaning in San Diego today for a free quote at (858) 715-0500. We have the right tools for any surface whether it’s in a restaurant, office or warehouse!
Allstar Commercial Cleaning: Commercial Carpet Cleaner for Office Buildings? Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Many cleaning contractors make use of a commercial carpet cleaner for more efficient cleaning in office complexes or hotels. Many buildings have hundreds of square feet of carpeting throughout and a low end carpet cleaning machine breaks down frequently and cannot run hour after hour like commercial ones can.
Some commercial carpet cleaners can reach temperatures of 210 degrees and pressure levels up to 500 psi, a residential cleaner just can’t compete with that. Nor can it handle the chemicals and dirt that a commercial cleaner stands up to daily.
Another advantage to using a commercial carpet cleaner is uninterrupted operation. With the possibility of a 17 gallon tank, refilling is not an issue, also, heating the water can be done in as little as five minutes with some machines.
As we all know, water should not be wasted. By utilizing a commercial carpet cleaner, extractors should be set to low flow and thus using less water. Also, when using less water the carpet will dry faster, which helps to eliminate problems with mold and pests.
Another great advantage to using a commercial carpet cleaner is the fact that it can also clean rugs and upholstery. Just make sure you have the correct attachments and that they are stainless steel, which is more durable.
Call Allstar Commercial Cleaning for a free quote in San Diego today at (858) 715-0500. No restaurant, office complex, hotel or warehouse is too large for us!
Allstar Commercial Cleaning: Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner Tips Friday, October 14, 2011
Tip #1: Instead of making more of a mess cleaning your fireplace with a broom and dustpan, wait for the ashes to cool then use your wet dry vac to clean up easily.
Tip #2: Use your wet dry vacuum to clean up liquid spills instead of a sponge or towels. Make sure to wipe the area afterwards in case of stickiness.
Tip #3: Something fall down the drain? Guess what? Use your wet dry vac to easily get it back and since it can handle liquid there’s no fear in using it to recover your lost item. Check the holding tank after for your retrieved item.
Tip #4: Use your wet dry vacuum to even unclog hair from your drains, much less expensive than hiring a plumber! Just use the port that blows air to break up the clog first then experience how much easier it is to use than a plunger.
Tip #5: Clean your hardwood floors with a wet dry vac instead of sweeping and then mopping. Save time and let it vacuum and then quickly wash the floors
Call Allstar Commercial Cleaning today for a free quote in San Diego at (858) 715-0500
Allstar Commercial Cleaning: Green Janitorial Services Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Green janitorial is still low on the list of green businesses when it really should be at the top of any company’s green initiatives for the following reasons:
- There is no large initial investment like with solar, therefore making it a more affordable route to take.
- Not much effort is involved with switching a non-green janitorial service with a green one, or even ask your current company if they can switch to green products.
- It is a one-time change that does not effect your daily routine after the initial switch. Your service will bring the new green products every time they clean and shouldn’t have to be reminded.
- Air quality improvement is a great reason to switch. The fumes from normal harsh chemicals does not provide for a pleasant or safe atmosphere.
- If done correctly, it can use less water and energy which is great for the environment as well as the financial side of any business.
- According to the Department of Energy, it can have a positive impact on your bottom line because employees will be more productive (6%).
- It reduces waste, which is wonderful for our already full landfills.
- It could reduce maintenance and repair costs.
At Allstar Commercial Cleaning we are more than happy to take care of your office or restaurant or warehouse’s green janitorial needs. Call us for a free quote in San Diego today at (858) 715-0500.