Latest Allstar Blog
San Diego Janitorial Cleaning: Tips For Cleaning Blinds Friday, January 21, 2011
In an office environment, dust can be a source of airborne irritants, allergies, and can also make furnishings and rooms look unsightly. One of the most common places for dust to accumulate is on window blinds, and removing dust and dirt from them is unfortunately an often-neglected task. Here are some quck and easy blind cleaning tips from your San Diego cleaning service.
- For quick blind cleaning, wrap a super absorbent terry cloth or anti-static cleaning cloth around your hand and gently lift each blind panel to clean the sides, back, and creases of each blind.
- If you have more time, remove the blinds from the window and take the moutside. Spread them across the table or an a blanket front-side up.
- Using a bucket of warm, soapy water and an anti-static cleaning cloth, wipe each individual blind from front to back.
- For blinds that are extremely dirty, use a commercial blind cleaning solution and a soft-sided sponge to clean and scrub each panel.
- Hang the blinds to dry on a table, chair other surface and use a hose or a power washier to remove all traces of soap and cleaning product reside.
- Separate each blind to keep them from sticking and allow the blinds to thoroughly air-dry before re-hanging them.