Latest Allstar Blog
San Diego Office Cleaning: Bug And Pest Control Prevention Tuesday, November 30, 2010
When it comes to keeping bugs and other pets out of your office, the first thing to remember is that a little prevention goes a long way. You may be able to save money on traps, pest control services, and related costs by simply following some simple bug and pest control and prevention tips, like the ones below.
- Make sure that all office trashcans are emptied daily and that dishes are always washed and no food is left out in the break room or kitchen.
- Check the walls of your office for small cracks that flies, ants, and other insects may be able to slip through. Small cracks can be quickly and inexpensively repaired with sealant.
- If you have live plants in your office, be sure to keep them pruned and empty their water trays frequently. Dead plant leaves and standing water attract gnats and other bugs.
- As soon as you see one ant or bug make sure that you spray and set out traps. If you or others in your office have concerns about using harsh chemical sprays or traps containing harsh chemicals, ask your San Diego office cleaning company about some all-natural alternatives.
San Diego Office Cleaning And Decorating Tips: Hardwood Vs. Laminate Flooring Monday, November 29, 2010
When it comes to choosing flooring for the home or office, it is important to weigh your options carefully. While carpet continues to be the most popular residential and commercial flooring choice, hardwood and laminate flooring are almost as popular.
Hardwood flooring is natural wood, can be finished or unfinished, and is either solid, which means that it is made up of solid pieces of wood, or engineered, which means that it is made up of wood piles that have been glued and laminated together. Hardwood flooring is wear resistant but can be easily scratched and should never be cleaned with water. Direct sunlight can warp the finish and alter the color of hardwood floors over time, but sealant and refinisher can help to repair and lessen these problems.
Laminate flooring is not actually wood, but it has the appearance of actual hardwood with the added benefit of being much more durable and scratch resistant. Laminate floor planks, however are extremely difficult to repair and doing so may be more costly then repairing hardwood floor planks.
When choosing flooring for your office or your home, be sure to take all of the benefits, drawbacks, and cleaning requirements of each type in to consideration, and don’t forget to ask your San Diego cleaning service for some professional floor care tips.
San Diego Office Cleaning And Decorating Tips: Hypoallergenic Rugs Wednesday, November 24, 2010
If you’ve ever shopped for rugs for your home or office space, you’ve probably been told of the many benefits of wool rugs. Wool is stain-resistant, durable, beautiful, and hypoallergenic. Assuming, of course, that you or someone in your home or office isn’t allergic to wool.
Think about all of the people that walk through the doors of your office on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis. The chances are good that at least one of those people is allergic to wool or to some of the other materials that rugs are commonly made of.
This doesn’t mean that you should never purchase a wool rug for your office, but if one of your employees or coworkers is allergic to wool or other materials, and you are trying to decide which type of area rugs to purchase, here are some hypoallergenic suggestions to consider:
- Sisal And Jute: Sisal and Jute rugs are made out of natural plant fibers and can add a sense of the outdoors to any space. Many of these rugs also contain vegetable-based dyes as well.
- Synthetic Materials: Rugs made out of synthetic or man made materials are a good choice if you want the look of a wool rug without the cost and allergy factor of wool.
- Bamboo: Like Sisal and Jute rugs, bamboo rugs are made out of plant fibers, making them good hypoallergenic rug choices. Bamboo is also naturally anti-microbial as well.
Be sure to ask your San Diego cleaning service for tips about the best ways to clean and care for your new rug.
Best Bathroom Cleaning Tips Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Who has time to clean the bathroom? If you’re like most busy people, particularly busy business owners, you barely have enough time to complete the daily tasks necessary to keep your business up and running, let alone worry about cleaning. This is why a San Diego cleaning service can be so helpful when it comes to keeping your bathroom, and your business, looking their best.
- Vacuum, sweep, and dust: Take five minutes to remove visible dirt from the countertops, floor and other surfaces with the appropriate cleaning tools.
- Use Hot Water: Hot water breaks down microbes and cuts through dirt and grime more effectively, reducing the amount of time that you will need to spend cleaning.
- Be Patient: Quickly spraying cleaning product on a surface and the immediately wiping it off does almost nothing in terms of dirt, grime, and germ removal. Spray cleaning solution on a surface, wait a few seconds, and then use a sponge or soft absorbent cleaning cloth. This gives the product time to work and will result in noticeably cleaner surfaces.
Taking five to ten minutes per day to clean your bathroom will produce noticeable results, especially when accompanied by expert cleaning from a professional San Diego cleaning company.
San Diego Office Cleaning: Germ And Virus Facts Monday, November 22, 2010
It’s common knowledge that offices can be breeding grounds for germs and illness. It’s also estimated that the average office desk is capable of harboring 10 million bacteria. With that being said, there are many things that you and your fellow office workers and employees can do to help prevent the spread of germs and viruses. Here are some important facts about germs and viruses that everyone should be aware of:
- A germ is any type of microorganism, which includes bacteria, viruses, and also some types of fungi. Not all germs cause diseases, but among the most well-known of the ones that do are called viruses.
- Some common types of viruses include: influenza, the common cold, and HIV
- A large percentage of germs and viruses are spread by contact with undercooked or raw meat, and other foods that are undercooked.
- Regular hand washing has been proven to be one of the most effective ways of halting the spread of germs and viruses.
Keeping your office environment free of harmful germs, bacteria, and viruses is important for the health of your employees, clients, customers, and everyone who visits your company. Ask your San Diego office cleaning company for more tips on how to make your work place germ free.
Top Tips For Cleaning Glass Tables Thursday, November 18, 2010
Glass tables can add beauty to any office, and can make even the smallest spaces seem bigger and more open. When glass tables are dirty and dingy, however, they can have the opposite effect, making the room that they are in look cluttered and unappealing. Your San Diego office cleaning service undoubtedly takes care of the bulk of the cleaning and maintenance associated with your glass tables and other office furniture, but in between cleaning visits, here are some tips to try:
- Steam Clean: It sounds strange, but a hot towel—a clean, absorbent towel soaked in hot water goes a long way towards removing streaks, stains, and residue from a glass surface. Ring the towel out first so that it doesn’t drip on your floor, and then place it length-wise across the surface of the glass table. Let it sit for a few minutes, and then remove it and wipe the table down with a dry cloth. Instant clean, instant shine and no chemicals required.
- Vinegar: Vinegar or a vinegar-based cleaner is one of the most time-honored way to clean glass windows, doors, tables, mirrors, and more. The trick is to spray the cleaner in a pattern of even lines, allow several seconds for the product to soak in, and then remove it with a clean, absorbent cloth. Paper towels tend to leave small particles behind when used to clean glass, and are not recommended.
For more glass surface cleaning tips, be sure to ask your San Diego cleaning and janitorial service.