Latest Allstar Blog
Learning More About Day Porter Services Thursday, December 31, 2009
Maintaining a professional, polished appearance is essential for any business. Day porter services can help to enhance the professional image of your business, and can help to ensure that your office is immaculately maintained as well. Day porters are employees of a cleaning service or other type of business who come to your business and perform basic janitorial duties on a constant basis throughout the business day, as well as:
- Trash collection
- Spill and stain removal
- Thorough cleaning of public areas
- Restroom sanitization and cleaning
- Other janitorial services as needed
In addition, a day porter service adds a presence and a touch of professionalism that all businesses can benefit from, particularly on days when important clients, potential clients, and important visitors stop by the office.
Choosing A Tile And Grout Cleaning And Maintenance Service Wednesday, December 30, 2009
When it comes to choosing a tile and grout cleaning service, it is important to choose a company that is both knowledgeable and experienced. If not properly maintained, all types of tile will eventually become dingy and dull with dirt and reside. Without cleaning and maintenance, grout will also become dirty and dingy, and over time, small particles of debris can cause scratches and other damage.
Depending on the type of flooring that you have and the level of cleaning required, you should base your choice on the following:
- Is the company a member of the BBB?
- Are the employees and contractors bonded and insured?
- Does the company have experience with all types of tile flooring including marble, slate, and ceramic?
- Does the staff take the time to answer your questions and return your calls?
- Does the company offer both one time cleaning and regularly scheduled cleaning appointments?
Asking these questions ahead of time is the best way to ensure that you find the best tile and grouting cleaning service for your home or business.
The Importance Of Construction Cleanup Tuesday, December 29, 2009
As one of the leading San Diego cleaning services in the industry, ASCC regularly contracts with the United States Military, Government contractors, and commercial developers to perform construction cleanup services.
After a construction project is complete, it is important to thoroughly clean and remove all debris, leftover materials, and any hazardous materials or chemicals. This should only be done by professionals, and is a multi-stage process that is often begun before the actual construction process is completed.
While the stages may vary, primarily, the tasks performed consist of, but are not limited to:
- Preliminary cleanup of debris, including glass, wood, bricks, trash, etc.
- Removal of all leftover material and safe chemical disposal.
- Glass scratch polishing and other minor damage repair and restoration as necessary
- Dust removal from all surfaces
- Floor cleaning, waxing, buffing, etc.
- Cleaning of windows and window frames
- Stain removal from all surfaces
Don’t let the money that you’ve spent on your new construction project be overshadowed by a shoddy construction cleanup job. Contact ASCC today for a free, no obligation quote.
Benefits Of Pressure Washing Monday, December 28, 2009
Pressure washing, or power washing, is a service provided by many businesses. If your San Diego commercial cleaning company offers it as a specialty cleaning service, there are many reasons to consider it.
- Involves high-pressure streams of water, one hundred times more powerful than the force of a common garden hose.
- Uses a tightly controlled water stream
- Does not cause water damage and is safe for a variety of surfaces.
- Can improve not only the appearance of the surface, but also the air quality around it, by eliminating mold and mildew.
- Is used on concrete, linoleum, and other types of floors to remove dirt and debris
- Is used on houses and buildings with vinyl or aluminum siding to remove pollen, mold, debris, and dirt and to restore their appearance.
- Used on wooden decks and patios to improve the appearance and condition of the wood.
- Is a quick, safe, process that yields dramatic results.
Over time, even the most well maintained flooring and siding will collect dirt and debris. Ask your San Diego cleaning service whether or not they offer this service, either as part of their normal cleaning routine or as a specialty, or both, depending on the type of surface.
More San Diego Office Cleaning And Organization Tips Monday, December 21, 2009
Why is office organization so important? Because whether you have a small home office or home based business, an office spaced shared by five people, or a large corporate office building, clutter is bound to pile up.
Did you know that the average worker receives about 190 requests for their time and talents in one day?? One day, and this can range from everything to phone calls, to emails, to meetings, not to mention actual work completion.
So how much time during the day do we have to organize our office spaces? Not much. This is where a San Diego janitorial service and office cleaning company can really come in handy. Of course, daily organization goes a long way too. Here are some tips to help you:
Ask Yourself: Do I need this on my desk? Then ask yourself: Do I really need it on my desk? If you use it less than once a month, you probably don’t need it sitting on your desk taking up valuable space. Be ruthless when it comes to throwing away memos from two weeks ago and storing your deluxe 3-hole punch in the desk drawer rather than right in front of your computer.
Allocate Time: Time to throw away trash, to go through the papers on your desk, and time to move things off of your desk (see above) that don’t need to be there.
Involve Others: Ask your employees or co-workers to support your office organization efforts by following similar steps in their only daily routines. If everyone makes an effort to organize, the result will be a much cleaner, more efficient workplace.
More Tips For Preventing Workplace Accidents Friday, December 18, 2009
If a clean workplace is a happier, more efficient workplace, then a safe workplace is even more so. Even though your San Diego janitorial and maintenance service cleans your office environment, greatly reducing the possibility of accidents, the fact is that most workplace accidents are caused by worker carelessness. What can you, as a conscientious employer or worker do?
- Review the safety guidelines posted in your workplace. Make sure that you and your employees/coworkers understand them. If the guidelines aren’t properly posted, or seem out of date, make sure that this is corrected as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you and your fellow workers follow these guidelines. If your workplace includes heavy machinery, don’t assume that those guidelines about safety goggles and safety gear are meant for someone else.
- Wear appropriate footwear. Even in an office, it is a good idea to avoid shoes like flip flops that do nothing to protect your feet in the event that something falls on them or you step on a shard of glass. In workplace environments with slippery floors or heavy machinery, this should go without saying.
- Maintain your workplace. Put equipment away after use, and put it in its proper place. If spills occur, make sure that they are cleaned up promptly.
Be sure to ask your San Diego cleaning service for more workplace accident prevention tips.